How To Use A Bra Size Calculator Correctly
Do your breasts overflow from your bra or does your bra ride up your back? Almost 80 % of women wear the wrong size bra and they don’t even realize it. Not using a bra size calculator to find your correct bra size can lead to breast sagging or breast pains. Wearing a bra in the wrong size can ruin the entire outfit as it won’t provide the much-needed support to carry breasts and the bulges will look unflattering.
Also Read: Right Bra For Growing Girls
Here are some tips for finding the perfect bra for yourself.
1. The cups should fill the breasts without spilling out.
2. The band should not ride up, but rest firmly.
3. The center part of the bra should be between your breasts and should not lift off the chest area.
4. When you are looking for underwire bras, make sure it surrounds each breast without any spill.
5. In the case of straps, they should stay on the shoulder without creating painful digging. And it also should not slip off the shoulder.
6. Make use of the bra size calculator to get the perfect fitted bra.
Also Read: The benefits of a sleep bra
The entire fit of the bra is determined by below mentioned 4 factors
1. Band size
2. Cup size
3. Strap adjustment
4. How it looks under clothes
HOW TO USE A BRA SIZE CALCULATOR
Using a bra size calculator is easier than it sounds. You can even ask a friend to do the measuring for you or do this in front of a mirror. Use the following steps to find your bra size.
STEP 1: CALCULATE THE BAND SIZE
The best way to calculate the band size is to measure around the bottom region of the band which is directly under the bust. Wear your best-fitting bra, but make sure it is a nonpadded bra. Make sure the measuring tape is snug and measure to the nearest whole number.
So, if you get an even number add 4 inches to it. Add 5 inches if the number is odd. The total sum is your band size. If you have a total measurement of 34 inches, your band size if of 38. The band size will be 40 in case you measure 35 inches.
Also Read: Best Teenage Bras For Girls
STEP 2: DETERMINE THE BUST MEASUREMENT
You can calculate the bust measurement by wrapping the tape around the fullest part of your chest, preferably at the nipple level. Now, round off the number to the closest whole number.
STEP 3: CALCULATE THE CUP SIZE
To get the cup size to subtract the band size from your bust measurement.
Let’s say 3 inches i.e. 37 inches (bust size ) – 34 inches (band size). The exact size is 34 C cup.
The bra size can differ as our bodies constantly change, it can be due to weightlessness, pregnancy, breastfeeding, gain in weight, aging, etc. This is also the reason several women are wearing the wrong bra.
Check this out: Best Sleep Bras
Here are some tips for bra-wearing comfort.
1. While wearing the bra bend forward and then hook it. This makes sure your breasts are completely in the cups.
2. The back of the bra should be off the same level as the front area. Adjust the band accordingly.
3. Avoid wearing loose bras.
4. To fix the falling strap, tighten the band and then keep the straps short.
5. Your breasts should rest comfortably between your shoulders and elbows, and you should not feel them sagging or feel any tightness.
Have you seen our entire range of starter bras yet? Check them out here.