Menopause At Work: How To Manage Your Symptoms And Succeed In Your Career?
by customer care on Mar 03, 2022
Let's Know What Menopause Is?Menopause is the permanent stop for menstrual periods in women, marking the end of their reproductive phase. It occurs around the age of 45-50 and involves the ovaries in stopping the release of eggs and a decrease in the production of hormones such as estrogen and progesterone. This leads to physical and emotional changes in the body and an increased risk of health conditions.
Symptoms Of Menopause
The symptoms of menopause are wide and vary from woman to woman, but some of the most common ones include:
- Irregular Periods
- Hot Flashes
- Night Sweats
- Vaginal Dryness
- Urinary Problems
- Loss of self-confidence
- Lack of concentration and confidence
Side Effects Of Menopause
Menopause and its symptoms affect your work and life in several ways. For example, hot flashes and night sweats could also cause insomnia which would further hamper your work and sleep schedules. Urinary problems, like, urinary incontinence can cause low self-esteem and low self-confidence. Further, work-related problems like stress can also affect symptoms of menopause, thus, leading to a vicious cycle. These problems can lead to you feeling less interested in your work, lower your commitment towards your job and also affect your satisfaction level with your work and home also.Menopause can have a range of effects on work and career, including:
All this needs to be understood and precautions need to be taken to ensure that you can deal with menopause in a reasonable manner.
Also read our article on Menopause: Age, Symptoms & Treatments
Essential Precautions In MenopauseTaking care of certain things could help ease your life during menopause and would also ensure that it doesn’t hamper your career. Some of the following precautions are worth checking out –
- Include the following in your lingerie collection –
- Leak-Proof Panties – Irregular periods increase worries of staining; stop worrying about it and instead wear leak-proof period panties around your period date to avoid staining.
- Incontinence Panties –These are special panties designed for urinary leak problems during menopause. The 3 layer design provides an anti-microbial and anti-odour wear experience.
- Period Panties – When on your period, opt to wear period panties so that you are confident of yourself and can stop worrying about stains. It also allows freedom of movement and a comfortable fit.
- Include as many healthy foods as possible in your daily diet, like fresh fruit and vegetable salads. Try to cut down on snacking on unhealthy food items and instead reach for a fruit or juice when hungry.
- Exercise regularly to keep yourself fit and also shed off the extra weight that many women gain during menopause. You could try walking or take up yoga for a healthy lifestyle.
- Wearing shapers can help you maintain your body during menopause and it would also tone and shape the extra flab.
Check out: Top 3 Menopausal Innerwear For Women
ConclusionMost important is the fact that you need to consider menopause as a normal life event that every woman goes through. It is not a disease or an illness. Don’t allow yourself to feel low about yourself, instead try to cheer up and make a conscious effort to be interested in daily things like work and home.
Shop all Adira essentials including leakproof panty for an extra 10% off using code "WORRYFREELEAKS"