Who Needs Incontinence Panties?
Urinary incontinence, meaning low bladder control or accidental urine leaks, is a bigger, and much wide-spread, issue than people acknowledge it to be; many people suffer in silence rather than seeking medical help due to shame and the kind of taboo that society has created around the issue. Most people don’t even understand the severity of the problem and how anyone at any time can suffer from it.
Who can suffer from urinary incontinence?
It can happen to anyone at any age, however, people most vulnerable include –
- Older People (urinary incontinence as a result of ageing)
Urinary incontinence, or low bladder control, majorly affects middle and older age people due to weak bladder or pelvic floor muscles that don’t work properly and allow the urine to pass without warning leading to embarrassing situations and making people lose self-confidence. Women are majorly affected by urinary incontinence in their middle years; statistics indicate that about 40% women in the age group of 30 – 35 years suffer from this issue.
- Women after Pregnancy (urinary incontinence as a result of vaginal childbirth)
Women who have had a vaginal delivery are at a greater risk of urinary incontinence due to weakened vaginal muscles or due to interventions that caused injury to the pelvic nerves and muscles. Medical statistics suggest that even a seemingly uneventful pregnancy can change bladder control for about 50% women. Most cases of urinary incontinence after pregnancy resolve in a year, however, about 20% women face the issue for years later as well.
What to do for low bladder control?
To resolve low bladder control, your first step should be to talk to a doctor and seek medical help; don’t feel ashamed about it, it happens to thousands of people and you are taking the correct step in speaking about it before it spins out of control. Apart from talking to a doctor about accidental urine leaks, you can make some lifestyle changes, like –
- Start Wearing Incontinence Panties – Incontinence Panties from Adira is an innovative product; it has three layers that work together to provide anti-fungal and anti-odor properties, soft and absorbent fabric along with a breathable and leak proof garment. It would be wise to switch to incontinence panties that would help you stay dry and odor free; and also boost your confidence. You can buy it here.
- Limit Bladder Stimulating Foods and Drinks – Foods and drinks; like, caffeine, alcohol, artificial sweeteners and carbonate drinks stimulate the bladder leading to accidental urine leaks. Stopping or limiting their consumption will provide great relief.
- Exercise to Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles – Certain exercise routines, like Kegels, help in strengthening pelvic floor muscles. Engaging in such activities for a certain time daily can help in gaining back the lost muscle strength and control.
These are just a few things that can help you, however, if you are suffering from urinary incontinence, speak about it. Consult a doctor and make lifestyle changes to live a normal life again; don’t let shame overshadow your need, and right, to a healthy and happy life!