What Is Cellulite? How To Get Rid Of Cellulite?
Out of the many reasons women feel insecure about their bodies, cellulite seems to be one of them. There is a lot of information and misinformation on ways to get rid of cellulite and all this information can be overwhelming considering how many women are being misled by brands about the idea of a 'perfect body'.
Women have to deal with cellulite due to genetics. In fact, if your mother or grandmother didn’t have cellulite, you have a better chance of not having it yourself.
What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a common skin condition that affects many people, especially women. It is caused by the accumulation of fat under the skin and is often characterized by a dimpled or lumpy appearance.
Cellulite is a skin issue like dry skin or stretch marks. It’s a part of your DNA. From birth, men and women develop their muscles in very different ways. That’s just a fact. Also, women who have higher levels of testosterone also tend to have less cellulite. Men who have higher levels of oestrogen have a higher chance of experiencing cellulite.
Also, cellulite can appear at various times in a woman’s life depending on their hormone levels. It can appear at puberty, after giving birth, and menopause – moments when oestrogen levels change.
Also read: Does Menopause Cause Weight Gain?
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite?
There is no definitive cure for cellulite, but there are several ways to reduce its appearance. While, there's not much you can do about that physically, but here are a few options that have a proven track record of working.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help tone and firm the muscles under the skin, which can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Eating a healthy and balanced diet can help reduce the accumulation of fat under the skin, which can minimize the appearance of cellulite.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking lots of water can drain toxins out of the body and enhance the flexibility of your skin, which can make cellulite look less noticeable.
- Some creams, ointments or oil claim to reduce the appearance of cellulite. They are usually made with metabolism increasing compounds like caffeine. While this method seems to work, it doesn't seem to be a permanent solution.
- Liposuction is another method that seems to work, but a surgery for the sake of cellulite is not advisable at all.
- Some people have had some success with VERY expensive laser treatment.
- Adira's Shapers are made with fabric that has Active bio crystals which upon contact with the skin absorb body heat, which is turned into far infrared rays (FIRR). These rays heat up the skin and increase metabolism through the release of the body's own nitric oxide, a very potent blood vessel dilatory agent, which improves blood flow and oxygen supply at the skin level, helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite. The release of nitric oxide also helps to reduce the amount of extracellular liquid, thereby reducing cellulite. This increases blood flow and oxygen availability at the skin level, which in turn causes the fat layers that make up cellulite to be melted down into a liquid, encouraging a smoother, overall appearance and texture. The liquid is transported to the liver & kidneys and excreted. You can buy them here.
But here’s the final fact: You can work towards diminishing cellulite, but if you’re eating well and working out and you’ve still got cellulite, then there’s not much you can do about it. Cellulite doesn’t mean that you’re ugly, because you are not – you’re beautiful! Don’t let brands dictate to you how you should feel about yourself.
Cellulite is a common skin condition that affects many people, especially women. It is caused by the accumulation of fat under the skin and is often characterized by a dimpled or lumpy appearance. While there is no definitive cure for cellulite, there are several treatment options available, including massage, creams, and laser therapy.
It's important to remember that body confidence comes from within and is not solely dependent on the appearance of your skin.
By embracing your body and practising self-care, you can feel confident and beautiful regardless of the presence of cellulite.
Shop all Adira essentials including plus size under shorts for an extra 10% off using code "SLIMWITHSHAPERS"